Best LENR Investments or at Least Companies to Watch
Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) or cold fusion isn’t a safe enough investment to put your retirement money in yet. On the other hand it could be a good risky or speculative investment for those with a social conscious and a lot of extra money to spend.
There are some companies that could generate a substantial profit in the LENR field in the next few decades. These include giant corporations that are dabbling in LENR and startups trying to capitalize on new inventions. The best LENR investments include:
- Brillouin Energy Corporation This corporation based in Berkley, California, USA is working to commercialize the LENR technology invented by Robert Godes who serves as its president and chief technical officer. Godes has said that his technology could be used to replace fossil fuel burning systems in power plants in a few years. Brillouin’s boiler is being tested at SRI International a respected research facility in Menlo Park, California. More importantly Brillouin has managed to raise $20 million in venture capital the only LENR company that has done so it is a serious commercial venture. Brillouin also has a highly experienced businessman and investment banker Robert W. George II as its CEO. Mr. George has experience in setting up licensing arrangements and taking technology corporations public (selling stock). Brillouin’s current business plan is to license its technology. So far it hasn’t revealed any licensees but it reportedly has a patent on its technology in China but no US patent.
- Leonardo Corporation This is the company that is commercializing Andrea Rossi’s ecat technology. It has an Italian patent on its technology. More importantly the company has developed an industrial LENR water heating unit but the unit has not been delivered yet. Test results from its devices are conflicting but its founder Andrea Rossi claims his company has developed a hot ecat device capable of generating sustained temperatures up to 1200 degrees Celsius. The company works closely with LENR pioneer and retired University of Bologna professor Sergio Focardi. It reportedly has arrangements with Siemens and a deal to test its technology in Sweden. The current business plan is to sell licenses to commercialize ecat in various regions around the world. No website for it is available but Rossi can be easily contacted through his Journal of Nuclear Physics blog.
- Kresenn Ltd. This British startup wants to commercialize Francesco Celani’s LENR technology. The company’s website claims that Celani’s technology is not nickel or palladium based and instead uses a new type of catalyst. The business model is an interesting one it wants to use LENR to power data centers the giant mainframe computers upon which the internet runs. Most big companies have them and spend a fortune on energy. The company will build modules to power data centers that will be used for other purposes. They plan to establish a laboratory in the UK to research LENR. The company’s CEO is Angelo Ovidi, the Chief Operating Officer is Massimo Mongardini who has worked with CERN in the past. So far they don’t have a working power unit.
- Jet Energy Inc. This is the company that developed the NANOR LENR device that has been demonstrated at MIT. It’s apparently a small startup headed by Mitchell Swartz who developed the technology. Like Kresenn it apparently has not moved beyond the demonstration stage yet.
- Defkalion Green Technologies. The reports about this company are mixed. Earlier this year it was hiring engineers and constructing new facilities in anticipation of the manufacture of its Hyperion LENR devices. Now the company is apparently shut down until it can establish a new base of operations in Canada. Even though it seems to have done a lot of research Defkalion was based in Greece and its operations have been hobbled by the economic and political turmoil in that nation. The company’s CEO Alexander Xanthoulis is apparently trying to set up an office in Vancouver, British Columbia in an attempt to revive it. Xanthoulis has also claimed his company is done with research and development and is ready to commercialize the device. Like Andrea Rossi he hasn’t presented any proof of this.
- Metalenergy/nicHenergy – this is an Italian startup associated with Francesco Piantelli the Italian scientist whose work with Sergio Focardi formed the basis of the technology behind Andrea Rossi’s ecat. Piantelli has said he plans to sell shares in Metalenergy to finance research at his other company nicHenergy. Piantelli eventually hopes to license his technology. Unfortunately it isn’t clear if he has any sort of working device or not or what the results of his research are. The company’s website is under construction but Valerio Ciampoli who has been described as an associate of nicHenergy has spoken at international conferences about LENR.
- Hydro Fusion Ltd – a British/Swedish company that has the license to market Andrea Rossi’s LENR technology in Northern Europe. It has offices in Sweden and the UK. A recent media report claimed that Hydro Fusion almost received €65 ($85 million US) from Swedish investors. The investors apparently backed out after an independent test of the high temperature ecat in Bologna, Italy, failed to perform to their specifications. The company’s website is still selling one megawatt ecat units, these generate 1 MW of heat not electricity.
- E-Cat Australia – This company is apparently Rossi’s Australian and Asian licensee. It promises tomorrow’s energy today and offers two models for sale. Like Hydro Fusion it offers the 1 MW unit for sale. Little is known about the company except that it has a website and it’s based in Australia.
- AmpEnergo – Rossi has confirmed that it is his licensee for the Americas. It has an impressive management team that includes a former US assistant secretary of energy but it hasn’t done much beyond putting up a website.
- National Instruments (NI) – A publicly traded company that is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of scientific instruments. The company’s CEO Dr. James Trouchard aka “Dr. T” is an outspoken proponent of LENR. He hosted many top LENR pioneers at his NiWeek corporate conference in August. The event featured a public demonstration of Celani’s unnamed LENR device.
- Siemens AG The giant German technology country has been in business for 160 years. It is reportedly working with Rossi’s Leonardo Corp on the development of turbines that will be powered by the hot ecat.
- Prometeon Srl This company is reportedly the Italian licensee for ecat. Little is known about it but it does have a rather impressive website and a very fancy business card.
- Energetics Technology – This company based in Israel has been featured on the acclaimed American TV show 60 Minutes. It has a close relationship with University of Missouri Vice Chancellor of Research Robert Duncan. It has reportedly set up a new research facility at the University of Missouri’s incubator in Columbia, Missouri. Energetics has reportedly attracted investment from billionaire Sidney Kimmel in the past and former US Senator and former Nebraska Governor Bob Kerrey has worked as a consultant for the company in the past. The current status of its research work is unclear.
If you’re a billionaire with money to burn you might look up some of the startup companies mentioned here. The average investor would be advised to stick publicly traded established companies like Siemens and and National Instruments until a successful commercial LENR process is demonstrated.
- lenr companies
- cold fusion investments
- brillouin how to invest
- fusion energy Company
- Investments on Fusion Power Compnies