Climate Change: LENR could be our Last Best Hope
A major technological innovation such as low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) or cold fusion might be the world’s only chance of avoiding catastrophic climate change caused by global warming. That’s the unwritten conclusion of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s latest disturbing report.
“Science has spoken” UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon said of the report. “There is no ambiguity in their message. Leaders must act. Time is not on our side.”
Some of the disturbing details contained in that report include:
- Emissions of greenhouse gases created by burning fossil fuels rose to an all-time high in 2013. The amount of gases increased by 2.3% to set a new record.
- 95% of scientists surveyed agreed that human beings were behind the warming. I cannot think of anything else that 95% scientists would agree upon.
- 2014 could be the hottest year on record according to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- The level of carbon dioxide in the Earth’s atmosphere is the highest seen in 800,000 years.
- The only way that the world could stop global warming would be to completely eliminate greenhouse emissions by the year 2100.
Basically the scientists have admitted that the only the world can stop climate change is with a new energy source. Sadly enough neither politicians nor journalists are listening. Instead they’re still promoting “renewable” energy such as solar panels and windmills that will never generate enough power to run our civilization.
The only true solution is nonpolluting new sources of power such as LENR and hot fusion. That’s what makes recent revelations about LENR from Andrea Rossi and from the Martin Fleischmann Project so exciting. Recent reports indicate that both the project and Rossi could be close to a good understanding of LENR which would be the first step on the road to commercialization.
Other good news includes Lockhead’s revelations that its skunk works is working on a compact fusion device. Unfortunately that’s not enough, massive spending on real alternative energies is needed now if we want to avoid catastrophe.
If we can truly develop something like LENR we could make global warming and climate change simply bad memories. Humanity has faced such problems before and licked them remember Communism, Nazism, nuclear weapons, small pox and slavery to name just a few and overcome them. What’s needed now is courage and imagination not politics.
- climate change
- climate change pictures